- 2 Swai Fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 quarter onion sliced
- ½ cup chicken stock
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- Frozen artichokes, thawed (however much you like)
- 1 tablespoons capers (optional)
- fresh lemon juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil one baking dishes large enough to accommodate the fish fillets in one layer. Lay the fish in the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small or medium skillet and add the garlic and onion. Cook, stirring, until tender and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the stock to the pan, bring to a boil, and add the thawed artichokes. Add lemon zest and juice and remove from heat. Pour over the fish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or 5 minutes for each 1/2 inch of thickness, until the fish is opaque and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven, garnish with capers and parsley, serve.
Note: if using dried parsley add it to the pan while the fish bakes. I also like to use some red pepper flakes.