A fall classic and a must make for these crisp mornings !
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped (such as Craisins)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and next 5 ingredients (though cloves); stir well with a whisk.
Combine granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Fold in cranberries.(I made some plain ones too)
Place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack.