A super speedy fall side that graced my brunch table but could easily become a great side for thanksgiving ! Its sweet, tart, hearty and very fall ! Try it and make it your families go to sweet potato dish–it is bound to replaced and mashed or casserole side dish !
- 8 sweet potatoes, boiled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Extra-virgin olive oil about 3 Tbsp—you might need more.
- Salt and pepper
- 1Tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of rosemary and thyme-dired
- 3 large onion, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 8 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Scallions to garnish.
In two pots, separate the 8 potatoes and boil them till fork tender.
Coat a large saute pan with olive oil. Add the onions, season with salt, pepper, sugar and herbs and saute until the onions are very soft and aromatic.
Add the apples and saute till soft and tender. Add the sweet potatoes at the very end and saute for a few minutes. Some of the potatoes may fall apart but fret not, its HASH !
Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the scallion greens !