This is a super quick chicken dish that has a nice sweet and sour sauce. Perfect for weeknight dinner.
6 Boneless skinless thighs
1tsp of orange zest
2/3 cup orange juice
2Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2tsp of olive oil
2tsp of dried basil
1/2Tbsp of crushed ginger
2tsp of cornstarch with 1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat 2tsp of olive oil in skillet and sear chicken thighs. Half way through the process add salt, pepper and orange zest.
2. Once browned, set the chicken thighs aside. Do not throw away all the pan juices–that is the body of your sauce, its packed with flavor!!
3. To the same pan add ginger and once the ginger becomes fragrant, deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar and orange juice.
4. Reduce to simmer and after about 5mins stir in the water and corn flour mixture. As the sauce thickens, add dried basil and the chicken,
5. Simmer for about 5min more minutes, taste salt and pepper and adjust accordingly.
6. Serve warm. Pairs well with bread or pasta.